Sync problems: why do I have to open apps manually to sync?

whitewolff88

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Sync problems: have to open apps manualy to sync

Dear Guys,

At the moment I own a Ulefone Power (amazing phone) running android 5.1
Lately my phone stopped synchronizing all my apps automaticly.

I now have to open apps manualy which will get them synchronized. When I leave the app running in the background, my apps will be synced automaticaly. But when I close them trough holding the home button and swiping them away, they are no longer synchronizing.

When I take a look at my running apps I see that (in the example of Outlook) the app is not running any longer.

I have added a video of my problem with the following link:

As you can see in the video, I am opening Outlook and messages will flow in. When I close the app, I have to relaunch the app again to get it syncing.

Jovem5

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
You need to turn off Battery Optimization (in settings) for all apps you want to sync real time. Battery Optimization is great for conserving battery life, but kills syncing. You'll probably notice a bunch of notifications come in when you plug in the phone or periodically when not being charged. That's how Battery Optimization works. It kills battery utilizing syncing and then turns it on every so often. I thought it was app related, but it's not. Really daft setting, but once you turn it off for specific apps (i.e. once where notifications real time are required), it works like a dream

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon