I purchased a new phablet, but after finding one discrepancy in the device specs that were advertised versus what I received, I have a bit of suspicion about the rest of the specs. The problem is various apps that provide specific hardware info are, in fact, providing contrary result sets.

I'm talking about data points such as:

CPU Type
    # of Cores
    RAM
    Screen Resolution

These will be different between any of the 6-7 info apps I have downloaded. For instance, I have either 3.86 GB of RAM, or I have 962 MB or RAM. I either have an MK6582 CPU, or I have an MK6592. I either have a quad-core or an octa core processor. I either have a screen resolution of 1280x800... or 2300ishx1500ish... or 2550x1600.

The info apps (Geekbench 3, CPU X, CPU-Z, Antutu - although that one was a bloatware install and probably setup to fraudulently report inflated numbers - among other apps), will all have different result sets. One app might share two of the data points with a second app, but then share two other data points with a third app. That third app might also share numbers from the fourth app, which coincidentally shares data points with the second app.

The numbers are such a mess, I don't know what to trust!

Is this typical, due to an increasing database of hardware signatures the apps need to be able to identify, or is this a sign that something nefarious has gone on with the device?
    03-23-2016 09:25 PM
    Try Aida64.. it pegs my Note 4 right on the money. Also, I've used CPU-Z on my computer for years, but their android app reads the wrong temperatures.
    03-23-2016 09:56 PM