I've been intensely researching phones and had settled on either the Motorola Nexus 6 (XT1103) or the Moto X Pure Edition to put on Cricket Wireless.

But, I have found out about T-Mobile's "BingeOn" feature. T-Mobile is strong in my area and currently I don't travel so this could be a great deal for me. Thing is, I want to make sure I get a phone that I can use to stream to my TV, without an additional Internet connection.

Is it possible with either of the phones above? What else will I require? We have two LCD TV's but they are both 4 or 5 years old, I'm not sure what all technology they have built-in. I will have to explore to see if they have Bluetooth.

I was hoping I could use some type of HDMI dongle. What is your advice for a good phone to use and/or other equipment? One of the major reasons I wanted one of these two phones is because they have larger screens--my eyes aren't as good as they once were, at least I'm far-sighted and not near!
    03-27-2016 03:49 PM
    You can get a Chromecast for $35 and use it with your TV and N6 or MXPE.
    03-27-2016 03:55 PM
    You can get a Chromecast for $35 and use it with your TV and N6 or MXPE.
    The Chromecast page on Staples says "Requires TV with an HDMI port, Wi-Fi network and Wi-Fi enabled supported device(s)" and "When you press the Cast button, your device sends your content request to the cloud, which then sends it to the TV."

We don't have a Wi-Fi network, the only Internet connection will be the phone. Without a Wi-Fi Network, what cloud would the content request be sent to? Or, does the Chromecast device itself represent a cloud?
    03-27-2016 04:11 PM
    Maybe this is the solution to using Chromecast without an Internet connection?:

03-27-2016 08:21 PM