Why does my phone refuse to unlock?

A

AC Question

Once in a blue moon, my phone goes into this dark place where no matter what I do, it always locks itself about 1-2 seconds after pressing the unlock button, before I have a chance to enter a pattern to unlock it, rendering it completely unusable. This condition persists after restarting and removing the battery. It's an LG Escape 2 with KitKat. My sister has told me she has this problem too (she has the same phone and service provider from the same store), though nobody else in the world seems to have this problem to my knowledge, so I imagine it's a unique combination of hardware and software.
And since the spam filters on this website are so clever, let it be known that I have a video to demonstrate this problem at the following URL:
[some website] /
watch?v=qzqwcoxZU1M
I would appreciate it if someone would help, because although I appreciate all my phone does for me, I would rather not have it turn into a brick on occasion.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello & Welcome to Android Central Forums!

I"m sorry that you are experiencing these issues; and though I'm not familiar with your specific device, lets see what he can do, by starting simple.

Since it appears it might have something to do with the lock/unlocking the device, lets see if it will do this when this is bypassed. Keeping your security in mind, is it possible to go to Lock Screen & Security, and select Swipe to unlock, and not use the pattern unlock, to see if this eliminated the lockups. This step is not the resolution, but necessary to reach a solution.

Let us know!

Thanks, and be sure to register with us, it's FREE & EASY!

Chris

instrumentmaker

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't matter what unlock I choose. It seems that the OS is regarding a single touch of the lock/power button like two touches, separated by about two seconds, because even if I successfully unlock it by swiping, it still locks back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2