Hello
    I just bought a new phone oppo joy 3 with Color Os system (based on Android), and suddenly the wallpaper became black and i can't change it..please help me
    04-08-2016 08:13 AM
    If someone has an idea please don't hesitate
    04-08-2016 11:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Were you using one of the preinstalled wallpapers, or one of your own images? If you long-press an empty part of the homescreen and select the Wallpaper option, are you able to see any wallpapers to choose?
    04-08-2016 01:14 PM
    Thanks for your reply..Either I use a preinstalled wallpaper or one of my own images the homescreen still black.
    Yes,I can see the wallpapers to choose when i long-press an empty part of the homescreen
    04-08-2016 02:52 PM
    Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    Kaoutar Elk likes this.
    04-08-2016 03:04 PM
    Unfortunately, this way to boot into safe mode didn't work for my Android device..isn't there any other way please
    04-08-2016 04:22 PM
    Ok, try powering off, then powering back on as you normally would. As soon as you see the logo appear, press and hold Vol Down until the homescreen appears. Is Safe Mode on now?
    Kaoutar Elk likes this.
    04-08-2016 08:50 PM
    No again
    i don't think the problem is because of some apps, cause it appears suddenly, and i didn't install any app before the problem appears.. also i try to uninstall some apps and nothing change..
    if it's a hardware or firmware problem, an update of the system could solve the problem?
    i'm sorry for disturbing you
    thanks for your time
    04-09-2016 06:19 PM
    It's hard to completely rule out 3rd party apps, because there could have been an update to one of the apps that started causing issues. Safe Mode is the easiest way to narrow a problem down to 3rd party apps vs the firmware or hardware.

Reinstalling the firmware (or installing any available system update) might be helpful, but there has to be an official update available (which I doubt), and reinstalling firmware might require rooting the phone.

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now. (Hopefully, these steps will work with your phone.)

04-09-2016 07:46 PM