My (autistic) son's Note has died. I have two options: Take an $80 chance on a new motherboard (well, for $330 I could have Samsung do it); or find a good replacement.

The important things are a good camera (with flash) and an S-pen or other stylus. But the Note 10.1 2014 is getting hard to come by, and nothing else seems to feature a stylus. I must be getting behind the times. Are stylii a thing of the past, or is it just that if you finger works, a stylus will too, so just buy one or go sharpen a popsicle stick?

I screwed up and bought him a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 with S-Pen , and then found out the display is relatively low res and the camera doesn't have a flash. Why would you not have a flash these days?

Thanks all. Appreciate any guidance.
    04-08-2016 09:12 PM
    My (autistic) son's Note has died. I have two options: Take an $80 chance on a new motherboard (well, for $330 I could have Samsung do it); or find a good replacement.

The important things are a good camera (with flash) and an S-pen or other stylus. But the Note 10.1 2014 is getting hard to come by, and nothing else seems to feature a stylus. I must be getting behind the times. Are stylii a thing of the past, or is it just that if you finger works, a stylus will too, so just buy one or go sharpen a popsicle stick?

I screwed up and bought him a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 with S-Pen , and then found out the display is relatively low res and the camera doesn't have a flash. Why would you not have a flash these days?

Thanks all. Appreciate any guidance.
    It's going to be hard to find another tablet that meets those two specs: camera flash and s-pen. However, you can get the Nexus 9 at a reasonable price and it does have a flash, and can be used with a stylus. Since it doesn't have a place to store the stylus it'll be hard to carry around and keep it all in one place.

The Note line is your best bet if you want a device with those two features.
    04-08-2016 09:40 PM