I'm going to try and move from Windows Phone to Android but I'm having some problems getting everything to work. I use Outlook for email and calendar and have installed the app needed to access it. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the Widgets to display my Outlook email and calendar in a similar way to what I'm used to on the Windows phone. I'd also like a photo widget that will cycle though my photos.
    I tried Sunrise calendar app and widget but the widget is just blank. I'm pretty new to Android but I'm pretty sure I should be able to get this info to display if I can just figure out how. I'd welcome any suggestions on how to get things set up. Thanks
    04-09-2016 08:34 PM
    Outlook has two widgets, one for your inbox and one for your agenda. I don't know what the Windows Phone looked/felt like though to know how similar they are.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-09-2016 10:38 PM
    Perhaps you might like this launcher. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.lx.launcher8

I believe that is what one Windows Central member is using on his Samsung Galaxy S7. Switching platforms | Thinking of leaving...comment here! - Page 80 - Windows Central Forums

I don't remember what the calendar tile looked like on Windows Phone, since I haven't used it in over a year.
    04-09-2016 10:51 PM
    Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. I really liked the calendar live tile that would show what was scheduled and when without having to open the calendar app. Maybe I'd be better off trying to sync things with google calendar instead of trying to show Outlook calendar directly?
    04-10-2016 12:07 AM
    I checked out the launcher from the thread over on Windows Central and it looks great. Problem is that all of the icons still link to google calendar and other services. If I can figure out how to get the icon to display Outlook calendar I think it will work. I do prefer the Windows phone look but is not a requirement. The one other thing that I did notice while using it last night was that the battery seemed to be dropping much faster than normal. I haven't used it enough to be sure though and I don't have a great frame of reference for the phone I'm using right now.
    04-10-2016 08:49 AM