Wanted to make a new thread discussing the difference between CWM and Rom Manager. There is no destination for this thread just want to know what the community has to say about this
    03-09-2011 06:09 PM
    Clockwork Recovery is an alternate "recovery" OS for your device. It's like booting into BIOS on a windows machine. Like in BIOS, this is where you can go to do heavy duty changes to the OS (Android/Windows), changes you can't do while the UI (Android/Windows) is running.

There is a stock "recovery" (named so because it's where you go to "recover" functionality if the OS craps out on you), but it doesn't offer the same hacker-friendly options as CWR.

Rom Manager is an app that makes it easier to download roms. It installs/flashes those roms via calls CWR or an alternate recovery.
    03-09-2011 06:17 PM
    Wanted to make a new thread discussing the difference between CWM and Rom Manager. There is no destination for this thread just want to know what the community has to say about this
    clockworkmod recovery is a custom recovery

ROM manager is an interface for flashing CWM /downloading roms/ and initiating flashes. rom manager is mostly for convienience. CWM can run independently, it has all the functionaligy of rom manager, with the exception of downloading roms and such,and installing itself
    03-09-2011 06:20 PM
    i have a VZW fascinate and i download a rom using rom manager but i cant flash it because it has CMW 3.0.0.6 which is broken so can i manually install them?
    03-09-2011 06:52 PM
    i have a VZW fascinate and i download a rom using rom manager but i cant flash it because it has CMW 3.0.0.6 which is broken so can i manually install them?
    the problem with CMW 3.x is that it anything installed with it needs to have installation code written in something called Edify , most of the roms and themes...etc were written in Amend. Before CMW 3.x , both were accepted Amend and Edify. Are you running a stock Rom and kernel at the moment? if so what build and baseband are you.

This info can be obtained through
    Settings>about phone> please give me whats written in baseband and build number
    also tell me what rom you are attempting to flash please
    decaydance99 likes this.
    03-09-2011 07:05 PM
    im on non-voodoo superclean 2.9
    my base band is (S:i500.04 V.Eb01)
    03-10-2011 12:17 PM
    by the way thanks DroidXcon for making the Odin files for the fascinate. it really helped out yesterday.
    03-10-2011 12:28 PM
    since this is the general page for questions etc .. droid i am the one that has a Fascinate and standupdad updated me with odin to SC 2.6-- ok Land Shark showed me how to use CWM and it is now on my fascinate. i was going to update to SC 2.9.1, but forgot how to get the darned USB to connect to pc ..i have tried about ev thing.. is there a possibility i need to do a recovery of the 2.9.. crap i read over an hr on tethering and each time i tap the USB debug. in settings.applications/developement it sets there like a dunce with a screen that says

reset phone
    connecting packet service and has a button that reads Resource.
    i push it one time and it said all data would be lost. so i backed up and redone each step reading the notes click by click..

and here i was thinking i had this thing down pat and failed for the last 3 hours to get hooked in...

i installed the "mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html" (on PC)

help i'm stuck in the mud

any ideas... will be appreciated... thx in advanced
    03-12-2011 02:51 AM
    crap its late and i'm fed up fooling with this thing for the night.. check on anything ya might set in msgs. thx and i also forgot and didnt go to last page i assumed this post would be at last page.. oh well to tired to wonder
    03-12-2011 03:02 AM
    crap its late and i'm fed up fooling with this thing for the night.. check on anything ya might set in msgs. thx and i also forgot and didnt go to last page i assumed this post would be at last page.. oh well to tired to wonder
    Check your PM inbox
    03-12-2011 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD