Help! Just purchased a dazen cool pad note 3

Mrfirefighter16

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Just purchased a Dazen cool pad note 3. Need to put some type of android on it in order to use it. It's mostly in Chinese. I'm not very technically inclined. I need step by step instructions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It presumably already has Android on it, but it's almost certainly a Chinese ROM, since the device was intended for the Chinese market. You could try changing the system language to English--swipe down the notification panel, and look for the Settings icon. In the main Settings menu, scroll down until you see the Language icon (usually a big letter A). Tap that, then tap the first option, which is usually System Language. See if you can choose English there.

Mrfirefighter16

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I did that. There's still a lot of Chinese on the phone though. Do I need to erase all the Chinese apps on this phone also? And it's not allowing m to download google play to this device. What should I do to accomplish this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Devices intended for the Chinese market usually aren't certified for Google Play, which means you can't install Google Play Store (or Google Play Services. You can try other app stores like Amazon Underground, GetJar or SlideMe.

Where else do you see Chinese? It may be from preinstalled apps that don't have an option to change the language. In general, you'd probably have to try rooting the phone and installing a custom ROM, but I'm not sure how difficult that may be with your phone (or if it's even possible at all). Try searching through the forums at xda-developers.com for your specific phone.