Hallo beautiful people.

It's been quite a while since I stopped using the Gmail app because I noticed I would get notified of incoming emails 8 hours later, or even the next day, I went through my settings on the app and found nothing out of the ordinary; decided to search on Google and only found complaints and apparently there's no fix.

I don't believe Google would let its prime email app to be this flawed for quite a few users, but I have not been able to ascertain a possible fix, so here I am, hoping that maybe someone here who knows about this can provide me with help or a fix.

Since noticing this back in 2014, I moved to Cloudmagic and it's been magic, but I want to go back to the Gmail app, just yesterday I tried it and same result, so I don't think it's an app issue, it must be an account config issue.

Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated =).
    04-13-2016 04:56 PM
    Are you talking about an actual gmail.com account, or another type of account but using the GMail app?

I have no problems at all with push of my gmail.com account. As for other accounts, it is not up to Google to make push work, but the account provider.
    04-13-2016 05:35 PM
    Thanks for replying!

I use Google accounts exclusively, so yeah, a Gmail.com account.
    04-15-2016 04:36 AM
    Do you have background data disabled? (Settings -> Data usage -> menu -> Restrict background data) Are you using a battery-saver app?

Either of these could severely impact push notifications.

I use the Gmail app and have no issues whatsoever with push notifications. When I send email from work to my Gmail account, it normally hits my phone within seconds.
    04-15-2016 07:31 AM
    None of the above mentioned. I never believed in battery saving apps and I restrict apps individually (such as Instagram, Snapchat and others, but never Gmail).

This started happening in my previous Note 3 since upgrading to Android 5.0 and has carried on in my Moto X Pure Edition (currently in Android 6.0).

I will double check if I have any sort of background data restriction, will inform. Thanks for all your help N4Newbie =).
    04-15-2016 03:35 PM
    I must inform that I do not have any sort of background data restriction set.

I find it weird that with Cloudmagic I get post notifications for my Gmail accounts, but the official Gmail doesn't.
    04-16-2016 03:49 AM
    Well, I don't know what the problem may be, but let's rule out a few basics:

1a) In GMail app, tap the hamburger menu at top left -> Settings -> your gmail account -> Notifications. It is checked, correct?

1b) Inbox sound & vibrate is set appropriately?

1c) Sync GMail is checked?

2) In device Settings -> Accounts -> Google, GMail sync is also enabled?
    04-16-2016 06:34 AM
    Well... seems to be solved. I've had a friend send me a bunch of email and all came instantly... I did try all that and seems that solved it.

Thank U so very much for your help N4Newbie. =) Hope this helps others.
    04-16-2016 02:35 PM