I've been back and forth several times with PlayOn tech support and still not resolved this; but one AC member claims he has it working on his Inspire so I am still hopeful. My problem is that I can get the PlayOn server software running fine on my home PC, and the app on my phone detects it just fine. It shows all the channels, lists the clips and shows thumbnails. But when I click to play video, all I get is the "hourglass" icon... stuck. I've updated to the most recent version of the server software; disabled my Symantec protection; tried stopping/starting PlayOn; still nothing.
    I'd like to be able to access my Netflix queue on my mobile, which is apparently still not possible with this month's generation of androids. If I knew how to contact the other Inspire user directly I'd ask him how to do it (his username is "grasstrout" and he lists his Twitter account, but I am not a Twitterer.
    Any ideas? Thanks...
    03-10-2011 09:16 AM
    I am experiencing the exact same thing, HTC Inspire.
    04-11-2011 12:13 PM
    I just got it working. Playon support said:
    "...This is what I would call a quirk of HTC devices, and is one we're seeing if we can get around. What's happening is that the phone does not start Flash until it's actually being used, and it doesn't seem to consider the thumbnail - which is Flash - as being used. So one tap where the thumbnail should be will start Flash, and the second tap should start the video."
    04-11-2011 12:32 PM
    Yeah...was just going to post that. Click the hourglass and the thumbnail will load with a play button overlaid on it....then you can click it a second time and it'll play.
    04-11-2011 12:40 PM
    I did eventually figure this one out, but not with the help of PlayOn tech support. It was another user who helped me; the big "aha" moment was when I realized I had to tap on the hourglass icon to make anything happen!

lthough I did get it working, I still haven't viewed any full-length videos. When I accessed the first few seconds of a few different items as a test, that got my 14-day trial period running... and then it ran out before I found the time to get back to it and really use it! Maybe PlayOn will be kind enough to send me a "we miss you!" free trial offer again someday....
    04-11-2011 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD