How do I auto upload photos from a microSD?

erikamit

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I set my camera and audio apps to save to my microSD card. I would like the photos, videos, and sound files to auto upload to the cloud (to my Dropbox account for instance). But I can't find any auto upload apps that will read the microSD card. Dropspace, for instance, will go as far as the phone root directory, but won't look at the microSD card. Dropbox, Amazoncloud, Shoebox, etc., provide no options for where to look for photos to upload. If I try a manual upload of photo files on my microSD card to Dropbox, I have to go one file at a time. Ridiculous!

Is there a technical reason why auto uploads from the microSD card are impossible? Or is it just so weird to store photos on a microSD card that no apps have been built to do auto uploads from there?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I set my camera and audio apps to save to my microSD card. I would like the photos, videos, and sound files to auto upload to the cloud (to my Dropbox account for instance). But I can't find any auto upload apps that will read the microSD card. Dropspace, for instance, will go as far as the phone root directory, but won't look at the microSD card. Dropbox, Amazoncloud, Shoebox, etc., provide no options for where to look for photos to upload. If I try a manual upload of photo files on my microSD card to Dropbox, I have to go one file at a time. Ridiculous!

Is there a technical reason why auto uploads from the microSD card are impossible? Or is it just so weird to store photos on a microSD card that no apps have been built to do auto uploads from there?

I use Google Photos for my auto-backup/upload.

I have a micro SD in my Moto X Pure Edition and the Motorola Camera app is set to save photos and videos to the SD card.

If Google Photos detects a new folder, it asks if I want to back that folder up to the cloud.

In the Google Photos app, I can individually sync Device Folders, include folders like the Camera folder which is now pointing to the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad