AT&T Note 4 with Android Lolipop (hasn't gotten KK update yet).

Recently I started getting this "Phone Boosted" popup message. It appears sporatically but nearly every time I'm using the device. Sometimes it's there when I turn the screen on...sometimes it appears when I'm using an app.

I didn't change anything that I'm aware of.
    I did a factory reset on my phone and only downloaded known apps. Still there.

I can't find anything on the internet about it either. HELP!!!

Attached Thumbnails "Phone Boosted" popup-screenshot_2016-05-04-09-29-03_zpskt1qa8yk.png  
    05-04-2016 08:40 AM
    Phone Boosted? WTF is that.... I've never heard of it. Maybe you have a virus...?
    05-04-2016 09:05 AM
    Thought so too but a Factory Reset would erase a virus...correct?

And the popup doesn't do anything else. You can't click on it, move it, longpress it, etc. Only thing you can do is hit the 'X' in the top corner to close it.
    05-04-2016 09:08 AM
    I don't think that message comes from a virus, most likely from some cleaner app, RAM manager or memory booster installed in your phone. Do you have any app by Cheetah Mobile (CM), DU or GO installed in your phone?
    05-04-2016 10:04 AM
    Nope...no apps by that dev.

And having just done a Factory Reset, I know exactly what is on my phone. I did not do a restore. I selectively added apps back to the phone. I definitely don't use any Ram manager or memory booster. If I did...I'd be certain that they were the cause of this popup
    05-04-2016 10:46 AM
    Any other way to find out what app is causing this? I got the popup today with an ad at the bottom. So it's definitely coming from an app that is trying to profit from advertising....
    05-05-2016 08:47 AM
    You could try safe mode to disable temporarily any third party app that you downloaded and see if the problem persists. There are several apps that recently have started to push ads on the lock screen and some of them have included DU booster or quick charging after the latest update. It's not exactly the same issue as yours but there's a chance that they could be the culprits for this popup. There are keyboard, launchers, SMS apps, games, etc. Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=640251
    New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4
    veccster likes this.
    05-05-2016 09:06 AM
    Thanks. I couldn't get that app to finish scanning but the thread you pointed out lead me to another - Stopbadapp. It scanned phone and found nothing

I think I'll try operating in safe mode. Though I suspect that will prevent the popup, it doesn't lead me to the source. I'm going to slowly start deleting all apps that are not bloatware - and there is a lot of bloatware on this phone.

Frustrated and defeated. I'd love to just root / rom it but that has not been solved yet.
    05-05-2016 09:35 AM
    Maybe there's a way to narrow that search. Download a permission manager from the Play Store and search for apps with 'draw over other apps' enabled. In theory the culprit should be there. With Marshmallow you can perform a similar search from the settings but I think your phone must be still running Lollipop.
    05-05-2016 09:50 AM
    I just downloaded this app from the Play Store and ran a test. It works fine to search by permission.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=4Q8ybJcV
    Attached Thumbnails "Phone Boosted" popup-1462461749121.jpg   "Phone Boosted" popup-1462461761612.jpg  
    veccster likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:22 AM
    Trying that now. Will post results. Thanks.
    05-05-2016 10:24 AM
    I deleted several apps about an hour ago and have not gotten the popup again. Still need more time to test as it pops up at random and may just not have happened yet.

Alarm Clock Xtreme - strong possibility
    Facebook Messenger
    Ambassador (makers mark) - possibility
    GPS Speedometer - strong possibility
    was a couple more I'm forgetting too.

If the popup doesn't show by this afternoon, I'll start adding them back one by one.

Thanks again for the ideas!

And I'll certainly post the culprit once I find him.
    Javier P likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:40 AM
    AT&T Note 4 with Android Lolipop (hasn't gotten KK update yet).

Recently I started getting this "Phone Boosted" popup message. It appears sporatically but nearly every time I'm using the device. Sometimes it's there when I turn the screen on...sometimes it appears when I'm using an app.

I didn't change anything that I'm aware of.
    I did a factory reset on my phone and only downloaded known apps. Still there.

I can't find anything on the internet about it either. HELP!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16...pskt1qa8yk.png
    I had the same issue. Uninstalled all "extra" apps which made it dissappear. I then reinstalled one app called "Back button" and that was it.
    05-14-2016 02:09 AM
    I'd love to just root / rom it but that has not been solved yet.
    Rooting isn't magic - if the popup doesn't need root (evidently it doesn't, since your ROM isn't rooted yet), it won't even know that you have root.

ROMing? Get a copy of the AT&T Note 4 ROM and flash it with Odin (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN). Of course that's a factory reset - you have to start all over again, as if the phone just came out of the box (with ANY ROM).
    05-14-2016 03:13 PM
    I deleted several apps about an hour ago and have not gotten the popup again. Still need more time to test as it pops up at random and may just not have happened yet.

Alarm Clock Xtreme - strong possibility
    Facebook Messenger
    Ambassador (makers mark) - possibility
    GPS Speedometer - strong possibility
    was a couple more I'm forgetting too.
    I've used Alarm Clock Xtreme (just started again now that it's updated for MM) and Facebook Messenger for a long time and they never caused any pop-ups, much less one like you're getting. So probably safe to rule those out.
    05-14-2016 06:30 PM