Data Usage Notification

robertjamesc

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just started seeing a Data Usage Notification (an exclamation point in a triangle). If I slide on it, it goes to Settings > Data Usage. I've used about 2/3 my alotted data (which is 3G per billing period).

From reading about it, the only way to get rid of the icon is to slide the top line on a graph that appears. This doesn't work for me, and it might only work for people who have unlimited data. Is there no other way to get rid of the warning icon?

My previous phone would never warn me about data usage with an icon. I received a text and email saying I was nearing the limit. The new phone (Android 5.1 on an Moto E) shouldn't continuously display that warning icon, it's annoying.

There is an app called Clear Notifications, should I try it?

robertjamesc

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
From reading users' comments, Android is set up to warn you about data usage, even if you have unlimited data. You have to go to Data Usage and change the parameters so it will stop warning you.

Hence, when you first get the phone and have unlimited, it is set up by default to warn you about something it shouldn't warn you about.
Android should NOT be set up like that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hence, when you first get the phone and have unlimited, it is set up by default to warn you about something it shouldn't warn you about.
Android should NOT be set up like that.

I've yet to have a phone set up to warn me by default. Unless something changed very recently, this is not the norm and that warning should still be off by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22