Why Won't My Apps Move to SD Card?

WhitBit

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, hoping for some help here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab s2 and I bought a 128GB micro SD card for it. I put the card in and the device seems to be recognizing it. When I try to move apps over to the card, it says they've moved when they have not. The device storage remains exactly the same, as does the card storage (120gb free).

I know that not all apps can be moved to the SD card, and I know that sometimes only a small portion of a particular app can be moved. But literally nothing is moving. I also have a Samsung Galaxy s3 phone, and I have moved these same apps to the SD card with no problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you move a piece of an app, a link is left in main storage pointing to that piece. It can be larger than the piece moved. Wait for adoptable storage if you want to destroy your apps. (Android is designed to run apps from internal storage. Adoptable storage is a band-aid for tiny phones, those with 4GB of internal storage.)

WhitBit

May 13, 2016
Visit site
When you move a piece of an app, a link is left in main storage pointing to that piece. It can be larger than the piece moved. Wait for adoptable storage if you want to destroy your apps. (Android is designed to run apps from internal storage. Adoptable storage is a band-aid for tiny phones, those with 4GB of internal storage.)

But when I "move" apps to the SD, nothing changes whatsoever. The exact same number of gb are in use in the internal storage.

On my phone, I was able to move the exact same apps to the SD card, which freed up a lot of space on my phone.

WhitBit

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't know exactly exactly what resolved this issue, but it is working now. I just formated a few times, restarted the device a few times, and kept trying. Eventually it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair