Hello, ever since upgrading to Marshmellow, a lot of my phone settings have gone whack. The most annoying one is that whenever I make a call, the call screen jumps up to the notification bar. The main screen either goes black or stays on the new call keypad screen.

If I want to do things such as hangup, enable speaker, or use the keypad, I have to swipe down from the top and find my call first. If I bring the phone down from my ear, the screen flashes on for about half a second before going back to black, making it more frustrating as I have to hit the lock button to bring the display back.

How can I prevent my current call from immediately jumping up to the notification bar? I've already tried adjusting Phone settings. My phone is an s5, thanks!
    05-15-2016 12:19 PM
    Is it possible that your light sensor is dirty? That may explain some of it. Also are you using any third party apps for; dialer, launcher, or other calling, like internet calling, anything like that?
    brentendo64 likes this.
    05-15-2016 12:27 PM
    Is it possible that your light sensor is dirty? That may explain some of it. Also are you using any third party apps for; dialer, launcher, or other calling, like internet calling, anything like that?
    I am making regular voice calls. Tried uninstalling phone recorder and setting touchwiz as the default launcher (was Google Now). Problem still happening though. I am using the stock dialer. I might try a third party dialer if I can't find the fix though.
    05-15-2016 12:49 PM
    Phone app started working correctly after setting default launcher to Touchwiz AND restarting. Thanks for the help!
    05-15-2016 01:02 PM