How to move camera photos and random thumbnails to cloud or computer..?

turbotooslow

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all

I bought an 8gb sd card to tide me over until I decide which giant size sd card to get. Anyways, I filled it up, as well as my phone's (Moto X Pure) internal storage.

I tried to connect my phone via usb (w/ usb debugging) to both my Chromebook and my PC, but the device was not recognized on either. Well, it was on my PC but there was no way to access it for some odd reason.

Anyway, I finally decided to select 100 of the >1,000 photos from my gallery and upload them to Google Drive This was going fine until it looked like it was just about to finish up and google drive started crashing and rebooting uncontrollably. At one point a notification popped up about internal storage being used up...

So, do the photos you upload to the "cloud" aka Google Drive also store locally on the device? Why else would the tiny bit of internal memory I have left be used up by uploading gallery photos to Drive?

I will try a different USB cord and a different computer later tonight if I haven't figured it out, but what am I doing wrong and what is an easy solution to get these photos off of my phone and into the cloud or onto a computer?

Thanks in advance :D

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
  1. Connect to your PC.
  2. Turn phone on and enter pin/pattern if necessary
  3. If on newer Android OS (Marshmallow, for example) drag down notification bar and tap on "USB for charging" then tap on "File transfer".

Now, go back to your PC and open an Explorer window.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Connect to MEGA. (Create an account if you don't have one.) You can store up to 50GB there for free. Just copy the files to Mega. If they copy properly, delete them on the phone. (Google photo sync uses storage on the phone, so you're defeating yourself.)