Contact Problem: Phone numbers doubled

genegraham#AC

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have taken great pains to clean up my Google contacts, and sync them with my phone. I have the following situation: for many of my contacts on my phone, the phone numbers are now doubled. For example, Joe Blow will have two identical home phone numbers, two identical mobile numbers, and two identical work numbers. Joe's entry in my Google mail contact list is fine.

When I look at the contact on my phone, under the heading "Joined Contacts" there'a a phone icon and a google icon. I believe that this is the problem. For some reason the phone list is separate from the Google list. The phone syncs to google to create the "phone" contact, and then the phone displays both the phone and the google contact information. I'd like to display only one or the other, but not both.

What's the best way to eliminate the redundant information? What's best practice?

Thanks,
Gene

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i had this happen when my google contacts tried to sync with my phone. i got a lot of doubles and it asked about joining them.

you can choose not to display your google contacts if you have all of your numbers stored in your phone.