Hi,
    I purchased a brand new S7 Edge from Best Buy. But, after 15 days, I wanted to sell it, without having used it at all. I posted my ad on Craigslist. A person came to me to buy my phone. He wanted to check my phone before purchasing it. He inserted his own SIM card, activated my phone, and used it for a while in front of me. Later on, our deal broke as he said that he didn't like my phone.

The very next day, I turned my phone on using my own SIM card, but I couldn't enter into the phone setup as the guy had drawn a security pattern into my device. To get rid of that security lock, I factory-reset my device. This removed the security barrier, but stil I couldn't enter into my device as it asked me to provide gmail account and password that was used to register the device for the first time.
    I don't know the gmail account (user name and password) of the guy who registered my phone when he came to me as a buyer. I tried to call that person but his phone number is not reachable.

Someone, please help me in resetting the gmail account of my S7 Edge, so that I could either use my phone myself or sell it to someone else.

Regards,
    Abdul
    06-03-2016 09:11 AM
    Welcome You should be able to recovery your Gmail by attempting to log in on a desktop, and enter your recovery info.
    06-03-2016 09:31 AM
    You might be able to bring it into Best Buy and talk to the Samsung guy there... they should have a Samsung mini store. Best Buy will have records to show that the phone was, indeed, yours, so they might be able to do a complete reload of the phone and clear out the account lock.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-03-2016 09:47 AM
    If it's a carrier model and you can activate it on the carrier and contact the carrier for assistance. They might be able to send you a warranty replacement
    06-03-2016 10:41 AM
    I have the original purchase receipt of my device. I never turned on my device before that guy (in the garb of buyer) turned it on. So, there is no possibility of the device having been registered before that. The model of my device is G935F, so it's a global model, free of any carrier.
    06-03-2016 12:58 PM
    I don't know the Gmail username and password of the guy who registered my device during inspection. Do you suggest that I should connect my phone to a desktop PC and then do the recovery or reset?
    06-03-2016 01:01 PM