Accidentally erased some important contacts on my dad's phone

moises_lz

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally added my own Google account to my dad's phone. My account has contacts sync, but my dad doesn't.
That happened when I tried to log in to YouTube in his phone, more or less a week ago, and just today his contacts disappeared.
He still has his contacts from other accounts, but the important ones (the Google ones) not.
We already tried Gmail restore.
Can we still save his contacts or are they gone for good?

UPDATE:
-The device is NOT rooted.
-The device discharged completely today, the contacts were missing after that

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If they were Synced to his Google account those should still be there in the cloud. If you log into contacts.google.com, are the contacts there? If not, there should be an option to go back to the back up up to a month older, so they should be there since you say it was a week ago. But if they're not visible on the web version, then those contacts were not backed up to his Google account.

You should also check to see if the Contacts app is not just 'hiding' them.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you deleted his contacts, unless they were being synced to any account and not just stored in the phone (or there was a SIM card back up or PC backup prior to the deletion), I'm afraid there's no way to recover them :(

Adding a second (or third, or fourth, etc.) account to a phone doesn't sync those contacts automatically. You'd have to merge contacts across accounts for that to happen. Also, contacts that are selected to be saved on the device only will not get synced to any account unless imported manually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary