Over the last year or so, every few months I have had to factory reset my cheap Galaxy Ace Style because it would become extremely sluggish. However, recently my apps started crashing frequently (basically unbearable, sometimes restarting), even random processes like com.android.phone (i think it's called that) were crashing.

I have:
    - Factory resetted 3 times (Even from Recovery mode, I don't know if that's any better than just from the settings menu) (backed up my data of course)
    - Before that, I uninstalled many apps, cleared cache, cleared data, etc. and ran a virus check - no viruses
    - Run it without the SD card, or any apps reinstalled at all, and it still crashed.
    - Even in Safe Mode it STILL crashes constantly, I can barely open Messages anymore, or Settings, or anything.

My theory is that the flash data (or maybe RAM) is finally giving out. I have eliminated the corrupt SD card because it still crashed without it. No viruses, because I wiped the phone more than once (the internet said factory reset would wipe all data, even viruses.)

Is my phone finally dead? If you had any suggestions, what are they?

Thanks,
    Matt
    06-09-2016 10:28 PM
    Same thing happened to my Nexus 4. First, apps crashed a lot, then it started to turn off unexpectedly. When I collect logs during a crash, it said something about "Wrong memory access" (I don't remember exact error), and I also had a thought that probably memory was corrupted. So, I had to replace "the body", keeping only it's screen.
    06-10-2016 07:44 AM
    I'm thinking it might be a good time to upgrade! Lots of good lower priced options out there OR you can go carrier financed.
    06-10-2016 07:51 AM