Hi,

I have a non rooted Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 that is stuck in a boot loop at the animated Samsung screen. I have tried deleting the partition cache but it didn't work. I was able to load TWRP Recovery using Odin but I'm not sure what to do from here. Ideally l'd like to get the phone to boot and access the files on the phone, but I'll settle for extracting the files off the phone then factory resetting to get passed the bootloop. I know TWRP has a back up feature, if I back up the phone data to a SD card, can I then access those files on a computer? Or is there a way I can use TWRP to get the phone out of the boot loop?

Many thanks!
    06-13-2016 12:10 PM
    So I worked out I can actually browse the files on my phone through TWRP recovery console File Manager, but theres no way to transfer lots of files at once, they can only be moved individually. So I made a nandroid backup onto an SD card, put the SD card into the computer, browsed through the backup using 7zip, and for some unbelievably frustrating reason the one folder with almost all user files in (/data/media/) wasn't there in the backup :8

I'm trying the backup again, but there was no reason why it shouldn't have worked the first time. Every other folder I can see when I browse through using TWRP was there in the backup except the one I need.

Anyone have an ideas?
    06-14-2016 07:47 AM
    Ps: not sure what's going on with my user names
    06-14-2016 07:48 AM