MTP Driver fails to install correctly; Galaxy S5 neo not recognized when plugged into USB, what do?

anon(9942481)

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Problem occurred seemingly overnight a couple months ago and PC stopped reading my old S3 and now my new S5. Both phones are able to connect via USB to other computers and show up as storage devices.

All my USB ports work, and I've tried 3 different cables.
Uninstalled and reinstalled MTP drivers that the Samsung support guy gave me and I get these errors; imgur.com/a/oHgHo

MTP is enabled on the phone, and I've tried using Samsung's software to connect, Kies and Smart Switch, but they fail as well. Also tried connecting with USB debugging mode enabled and disabled on the phone and it makes no difference.

These fixes don't work either, khattam.info/solved-failed-installing-samsung-mobile-mtp-device-error-code-10-this-device-cannot-start-2012-09-16.htm

http://www.suggest-a-fix. com/index.php?/topic/180-windows-wont-install-samsung-mtp-driver

Windows 7 (64 bit) is up to date and my phone is running android 5.1.1

any help is much appreciated.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Its a long shot, but try entering recovery on your device(s) and do a wipe of the Cache Partition....no data loss will occur. Other than that, if you're sure you've got the most current samsung drivers, I would suggest doing a Full Factory Reset.

Chris