So because of region limitations, I often resort to using other apk clients like Qoo for my foreign apps. However today, when I went to update both an app and the client app from which I downloaded it, I am completely unable to press the "update" button on the install screen. Android will not allow me to update any apk through this screen. I checked for updates, made sure the system allows for foreign installs, checked to see if I could install and update from the Play Store (I can), and even googled a bit, to no avail. Any suggestions?
    06-20-2016 05:00 PM
    Find an updated APK file and redownload the app.
    06-20-2016 06:14 PM
    I'm not sure about Qoo as I don't use it. I sometimes install apps from APKPure and they normally have the latest version as they draw from Playstore. If my current version of an app is older than the one on APKPure, I simply download the newer version and attempt an install with it. My phone responds with a "do you want to upgrade this app", or something like that, and I click on install, and the app updates to the latest version.

Try downloading the newest version of whatever app you're trying to update, and attempt to install it. Your phone should prompt you with a similar "do you want to upgrade this app" during the install.
    06-20-2016 07:06 PM
    If I understand correctly, you downloaded an app from a third party store and are now attempting to update from Play Store.

This is normal behaviour, Play Store will not update the app. Try installing the updated APK from elsewhere or, if you don't mind, delete and install it from Google Play. Keep in mind this might delete data you have.
    06-21-2016 05:46 PM