I have an 8gb MicroSD and at this point it's almost completely full because some of my apps take up a lot of space so I have to uninstall a lot of them. But I was wondering if I can get a 32 GB SD and just move everything to that (and how) without losing my game data. I know it's a silly thing to worry about but like I've completed so much of colour switch, losing all that progress will make me feel kinda sad. There is also a hunger games adventures app as well as a café game (my café recipes and stories I think) and I'm also wondering will I lose my progress from those too. The café game and hunger games one need internet to load up though so im assuming my progress would be saved on servers or something but I don't really want to risk it.
    (Also I downloaded the Game of Thrones game and purchased the season pass, I'm assuming it'll let me restore them if it ends up getting delete but does anyone know for certain?)

Anyway so does anyone know whether or not my actual game data will save.

Thank you
    06-22-2016 02:11 PM
    You will probably find you will be able to move very little to the sd card. It's to do with how the apps are compiled. You can try it, it may help a little
    06-22-2016 03:15 PM
    There's no way to tell for sure simply because every app moves data in its own way, if at all. Some may move save data, others may keep that on the internal storage. I recommend only putting media and other independent files on the SD card, leaving all app data on the internal storage simply to ensure the best functionality.

If you absolutely need to save app data to the SD card, I'd look into a dedicated backup app. Helium doesn't require root and can backup straight to a pc. You can backup the app plus data this way, swap in the new card, then reinstall the apps from the backup as you wish. That will give you the best chance at retaining the save data regardless of how it's stored.

Many games are also syncing their saves to cloud servers, which would automatically maintain the sync even after a reinstall or full phone transfer.
    06-22-2016 04:31 PM