I recently bought an SD card with more capacity than my old one, thinking it could fix my phone's storage problem. Well now I have 29 gigs free but I still used almost all of my 8 gigs of internal storage. Is there any way for me to free up space or move apps to my SD card? I have an LG 4 and Android 6.0.
    06-30-2016 03:52 PM
    Unfortunately you're still going to be restricted for internal memory unless your phone supports adoptable storage (although Marshmallow supports that, not all manufacturers decided to implement it on their phones). You can move certain apps, and even those will be restricted in how much you can move. An app's main file must always reside in Internal memory, and it's up to each dev to decide if they let you move external downloads, media files, save files, etc. to SD card or not. On top of that, all app downloads from the Play store will be downloaded to internal memory, decompressed there for installation, and installed first in internal memory. Because of this installation process, most of the time this means that updating an app will revert the storage location to internal memory after the update.

For better or worse, SD cards now are mostly relegated to media consumption, not really for app installations.
    06-30-2016 04:02 PM
    LG has two phones with similar names, but very different performance. Because you say you only have 8 GB internal storage, it sounds like you have the G4c and not the flagship G4. Unfortunately there's not much you can do to overcome the lack of internal storage, as SpookDroid mentioned.

The G4 does have adoptable storage, so maybe the 4c will as well. Even if that does work for you, the rest of the specs are fairly low by today's standards and I wouldn't expect much more out of the phone. As you start loading it up with apps, you're going to see increased lag. Something to keep in mind.
    06-30-2016 08:54 PM