Trouble with restoring current backup to older device

BFishles

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello. So I have a Moto X 2nd Gen (AT&T) that I use to use for a very short time. About 2-3 months after I got that I received a Nexus 6 (AT&T). I have been using the Nexus 6 for a while now, and I want to switch back to the Moto X because I have been having issues with the Nexus.

So I boot up the Moto X, and it has already been wiped, so I go through the setup and login to my main Google account, but the only backup it shows is the one from the Moto X before I stopped using it. If instead I opt to do the phones back to back NFC transfer during the setup process, it always says completed but never transfers anything.

If I skip it all and set it up as a new device, I go to open the Play store and it crashes every time within seconds. I then tried logging in with one of my secondary Google accounts and then it allows me to use the Play store just fine.

I just want to load up my backup from my Nexus onto the Moto X. I have checked my dashboard and verified there is a backup for it. What are your thoughts folks?

Thanks for any help!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Does it matter what Android version the two devices are running? I didn't think you could take a MM backup and restore it onto a KK or LP for example. (if that is indeed what you are trying to do)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay