Help I deleted my OS Huawei P8

moreno120

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to install a ROM a new OS for my phone never did that so the youtube video says that you need to wipe your data of course I was stupid to not do a backup first so I wiped the system I tried to install the ROM but it said E: Error executing updater binary so I searcht for a solution but did not find any so plz help me my phone is a Huawei p8 the ROM that I wanted to install was CanyonMod 13

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to install a ROM a new OS for my phone never did that so the youtube video says that you need to wipe your data of course I was stupid to not do a backup first so I wiped the system I tried to install the ROM but it said E: Error executing updater binary so I searcht for a solution but did not find any so plz help me my phone is a Huawei p8 the ROM that I wanted to install was CanyonMod 13

Okay, this is a party! Let's get started.

First, make sure you know where your rom is downloaded. Make sure you have the ADB drivers installed (which I'm sure you do if you have the recovery installed). I'm going to give you instructions as if you're using a Windows machine. We'll go through it in a different way if you're not.

First, to avoid confusion, name your CM rom simply rom.zip. Super easy. That's fun.

Next, boot your device into the recovery you have installed.

In the recovery, make sure you have your storage mounted. That might be sdcard and system. We'll assume here you have the sdcard mounted.

Next, go to the folder that your rom.zip is in. Right Click+Shift and you should see an option to "Open Command Window Here" (we avoided navigating to this folder in cmd. Aren't you happy?!)

next type (or copy, since we've changed our rom name) "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip"

It should take a minute and probably transfer 700,000 bytes, but at the end of that, a rom should be loaded on your device. Since you've already done the wipe, you should only need to install the rom from there.

Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12