Macbook Pro won't recognize my Android

Naenae1596

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I have been having this issue since I got my Macbook Pro a few years ago. I have enabled USB debugging on my Galaxy S4 Zoom and I have installed Android File Transfer on my laptop. When I try to start the Android File Transfer it says there are no Android devices connected. I have gone to my laptop's System Information to see if my phone had even popped up on the list, and it didn't. It charges when it connects, but it is still not being recognized. I have no idea what to do. I have been researching this for years and have gotten nowhere. I resorted to just emailing my photos and videos to myself a few at a time and downloading them on my laptop, then deleting them from my phone. I am out of storage and am immensely frustrated that nothing I do is working. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS!!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this issue since I got my Macbook Pro a few years ago. I have enabled USB debugging on my Galaxy S4 Zoom and I have installed Android File Transfer on my laptop. When I try to start the Android File Transfer it says there are no Android devices connected. I have gone to my laptop's System Information to see if my phone had even popped up on the list, and it didn't. It charges when it connects, but it is still not being recognized. I have no idea what to do. I have been researching this for years and have gotten nowhere. I resorted to just emailing my photos and videos to myself a few at a time and downloading them on my laptop, then deleting them from my phone. I am out of storage and am immensely frustrated that nothing I do is working. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS!!

You probably have your phone set to "Mass Storage"or "Charge Only" Make sure the phone's "connect to PC" setting is set to either Disk Drive or Media Sync then connect it to your Mac. I am assuming you DO NOT have Marshmallow 6.0.1 because it usually prompts you when it's plugged into a Mac or PC.
If you could be more specific on what phone you have an what OS you are running I could be more specific on where you need to go to change it correctly so this will work on your MAC.
I had this often as I was a former CPU Tier 2 Senior Advisor for Apple

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You probably have your phone set to "Mass Storage"or "Charge Only" Make sure the phone's "connect to PC" setting is set to either Disk Drive or Media Sync then connect it to your Mac. I am assuming you DO NOT have Marshmallow 6.0.1 because it usually prompts you when it's plugged into a Mac or PC.
If you could be more specific on what phone you have an what OS you are running I could be more specific on where you need to go to change it correctly so this will work on your MAC.
I had this often as I was a former CPU Tier 2 Senior Advisor for Apple

Thanks for responding... as a mac user this has been a thorn in my side since day-1 on Android.

I have my LGV10-Marshmallow set to media file transfer all the time. When I plug it into my macbook it doesn't do anything but charge the phone.. as far as storage and device recognition goes the mac doesn't see the external device. Do I have to install AFT?... is there a way within OSx to get it to recognize without AFT?

Why does Android force me to pick only one type of file transfer type? So I have to go in and specify every time I want to transfer pictures, or other types of media?
Capture_2016-07-09-12-12-401_zps81cgpdm2.png

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech