If I leave windows mobile what will I actually give up ?

rose58

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Right now I have a Lumia 830, I am considering the Moto G4 . I do like the windows interface with the live tiles and the Pure View camera with OIS. My phone will probably never see the official Win 10 update as it is An ATT model. I have previously updated thru the Windows Insider Program , but without the Firmware from ATT I loose out on some basic features of the phone.( lock screen & glance dont work right and you get screen flicker)

I have stayed with Windows Mobile to this point because of the so called integration of desktop and mobile which at this point is still a work in progress.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that Google has an alternative app for every feature found in Win Mobile , and in many cases even better than the native app for Windows . Any insight from long time users will be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are Android (and 3rd party) apps that do everything Windows apps do - but not in the same manner. (For instance, Exchange integration isn't as smooth.) What are you giving up? Everything. It's all replaced by other things, running in different ways, from other places.

You can get the phone to accomplish the same tasks, but it's like "converting" to a 3-wheeled car with the steering wheel on the other side.