I'm definitely an android noob but hoping someone has a solution to help me out...I downloaded several WP's from here and added them to my thunderbolt sd card. However, when i try to set them to wallpaper, the little green box forces me to crop it. I found out from here that it happens because TB is stretching it across all the screens. SO...is there any way to "tile" it as opposed to "stretching" it? (yes, i have already tried adjusting the green box) Unfortunately, it zooms the pic and resolution isn't as great either. This is "just ok" for some pics but some pics were meant to only be one screen! Help! I have so many pics I want to add...

Also since i'm asking about pics, does anyone know why some pics that show on my sd card (when attached to my PC) do not show in the gallery when unattached? Thanks in advance for any help!
    03-20-2011 06:13 PM
    Same thing happens with me. Pics are stretched. With my N1 and now with the TB. I just assumed that's how Android handles them. Fortunately it doesn't bother me, altho I would also like to know if they can be tiled.
    03-20-2011 06:39 PM
    Sorry for the cropping issue, but that is with all android phones.
    03-20-2011 11:06 PM
    Just wondering...this is my second thunderbolt...had to return the first one for quality issues...on the first one it actually gave me two wallpaper options (one where I had to crop and another where it just took whatever pic I chose and didn't make me crop it) any idea as to why I can't do it on the new one now? The pics were the same exact resolution but now I only get the one option...odd.
    05-07-2011 06:59 AM
    When I switched to Android that is one of the first "issues" I had. I am using the same wallpaper image as I did on my BlackBerry and It kept making me crop it, which stretched the image over all my Android screens.

It really annoyed me at first but I couldn't find a solution so I let it go. Now I actually love it! Makes the wallpaper look sort of...animated.

Here's a thread that might help you out though:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ight=wallpaper
    05-07-2011 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD