I know there's manual instruction to change Location method but I dont want to do it forever, especially it is mandatory to hold 3 seconds to go to the Location settings just to change it to Power Saving.

My phone is rooted.
    07-17-2016 03:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you saying that if you change it to Battery Saving (or GPS Only), then reboot, it reverts to High Accuracy again? Or does it just go back to High Accuracy on its own, even without a reboot?
    07-17-2016 07:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you saying that if you change it to Battery Saving (or GPS Only), then reboot, it reverts to High Accuracy again? Or does it just go back to High Accuracy on its own, even without a reboot?
    Samsung Galaxy S5 [SM-G900H]. Without reboot or not, it does not matter. Each time you turned off the Location mode and turned it on again, it will revert to High Accuracy again, including after a reboot with Location mode on although you change it to Battery Saving.

It's kinda frustating, I've been searching on the internet and it dates back to 2014, Google has not done anything about it. Therefore I am looking for an alternative support.
    07-18-2016 06:17 AM
    Oh yes, I see what you're saying. Yes, it's standard on Android for Location to default to High Accuracy if you use the Quick Setting toggle to turn Location off and then on again. Although on my Nexus 6P, if I power down and then power back on, it will remember my Location preference as Battery Saving. Sorry, but I'm not aware of any app that will change how the Quick Setting toggle works. There might be a way with Xposed Framework (which requires root).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-18-2016 04:06 PM
    Seems to be a little bit of OEM play going on. On my LG G4, Location always starts at "high accuracy" when using both the dropdown shade and the Settings app.
    07-18-2016 05:19 PM