Is it possible to run Android without the Google stuff?

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!
Android is a platform and "the google stuff" are apps wich you can uninstall,but if you uninstall the google framework any app wich uses Google Playstore will crash.
Best regards,Mikey. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't see why you cant... uninstall, delete, deactivate and turn off permissions for whatever aspects you don't want to use.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have run custom ROMs and forgot to flash Google apps.... believe me, it's not fun. Your app selection would probably be limited to Amazon. But I'll be honest, I don't think Amazon is any better than Google or Apple.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I think some Google stuff is needed for the OS, Google play services comes to mind immediately. So you can't clean sweep everything.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think some Google stuff is needed for the OS, Google play services comes to mind immediately. So you can't clean sweep everything.
Sort of...You can flash an AOSP ROM (basically a Nexus looking ROM) and it will work. But it will be limited. Google Play services is linked to almost every bit of Google stuff in one way or another. Play services is heavily linked to the Play Store. You can't have the store without Services.