Hi everyone!

So my tablet met a terrible fate and now the screen does not work. The tablet will still boot up, but there is only swirly non-patterns on the screen (which is severely cracked, also). I was going to replace the screen/lcd digitizer, but found a refurbed tablet for only $10 more. Seemed like a no-brainer.

My problem is, I can't see anything on the old tablet, so installing an app to help transfer is out of the question. What are my options for transferring the data from the old tablet to the new one?
    07-20-2016 10:17 AM
    If you got a Samsung tablet as your replacement, you can use Smart Switch and connect your old tablet via OTG USB to the new one and it will transfer most data and files. For this to work, however, you need your tablet to either have no secure lockscreen or be unlocked.

You can also connect the old one to a PC and back up the data there just like you were copying files from an USB. Just remember that apps and app data are probably not going to be backed up if you do this. This also requires your tablet to be unlocked.
    If you got a Samsung tablet as your replacement, you can use Smart Switch and connect your old tablet via OTG USB to the new one and it will transfer most data and files. For this to work, however, you need your tablet to either have no secure lockscreen or be unlocked.

You can also connect the old one to a PC and back up the data there just like you were copying files from an USB. Just remember that apps and app data are probably not going to be backed up if you do this. This also requires your tablet to be unlocked.
    07-20-2016 11:12 AM