Hi, I installed google now and Nova launcher. After trying both of them, I think I clicked 'set nova laucher as default', now...

1) will the google now launcher work in the background draining battery? (and touchwiz?)

2) Extra question, do you know how to get rid of the samsung lock screen and get the stock android one? (coming from a nexus 4)

3) This j5 is temporal, i'm doubting between waiting for the nexus 2016 (october/november) or getting the s7 edge now and not even look at the phones that are coming because i plan to stay with it at least 3 years? What would you do?
    07-20-2016 11:30 AM
    Hi there!

1) Nope for Google Now Launcher, yes(ish) for TouchWiz. TouchWiz IS your system and cannot be removed, so some parts of it will always be active (for menus, settings, general OS UI, etc.). The Launcher-specific parts of it, however, will lay dormant.

2) AFAIK only rooting and either modifying your ROM or installing one that's been modified is the only way. There are 3rd party lockscreen replacements but if I'm not mistaken, they're wonky and often end up with double lockscreens on Samsung devices.

3) S7 Edge all the way. But I may be biased towards Samsung phones :P
    Hi there!

1) Nope for Google Now Launcher, yes(ish) for TouchWiz. TouchWiz IS your system and cannot be removed, so some parts of it will always be active (for menus, settings, general OS UI, etc.). The Launcher-specific parts of it, however, will lay dormant.

2) AFAIK only rooting and either modifying your ROM or installing one that's been modified is the only way. There are 3rd party lockscreen replacements but if I'm not mistaken, they're wonky and often end up with double lockscreens on Samsung devices.

3) S7 Edge all the way. But I may be biased towards Samsung phones :P
    Fericire likes this.
    07-20-2016 12:09 PM