Got my new S5 yesterday, and it's been a pain in the butt from day 1:

- I've turned off automatic updates, but it still updates my apps.... automatically. As soon as I log onto a wifi, it gets a life on its own.
    - Touchwiz -- I've clicked "always" a million times, but it keeps asking me. I don't want to be asked any more.
    - Every single time I restart the phone I get a message that I must check if the back cover is properly attached. It is, why are you asking me this!

One more thing - when I click and hold the home button, I get a message that says something like "complete this action with" and then theres a picture of the Google logo and the Opera logo. What action it's trying to complete, I have no idea. I just pushed and held the button. I'm used to the S3, and on the S3 you get to see all the apps that are running when you hold home. Not sure what the point is with this "complete this action" function.

Suggestions?
    07-20-2016 01:49 PM
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues! Let's see if we can find a fix.
    1) Did you turn off automatic updates on Samsung Apps as well? I believe those are the ones that update on WiFi. Also, some system apps will update regardless of your setting (you can blame Samsung for that one).
    2) This seems to be a bug in some Samsung ROMs. The 'Always' action doesn't always 'stick'. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to fix it, I just learned to live with it (that, and the fact that I usually do like to select what to use each time).
    3) Those safety warnings cannot be removed. Same goes for the max-volume level warning. Fortunately, they should only pop up once per reboot.
    4)I can't remember what it does on the S5 but I believe it's search, not the app list anymore. So it's probably asking you which Search app to launch.
    07-20-2016 02:12 PM
    Hi!

1: No, all kinds of apps are being updated; Insta, Snap, Chrome etc etc.
    2: I installed Google Now; didn't help. It looks different, but I still get the message.
    3: Ok, so Samsung are treating us like children. Good to know. But hey, in the US they would probably be sued if they didn't give these messages and someone were to blow their eardrums or get their phone wet.. :P
    4: Why on earth does it believe that I want to search for something just because I hold a button? Haha wow.. Is it possible to change the function of holding the button?
    07-20-2016 02:47 PM
    1) Is the option to not auto-update 'sticking' in Google Play?
    2) Yup, that's a system bug. Unless you install a different ROM, no way around it.
    3) No comment haha.
    4) It's the way they make shortcuts now. I believe there are apps in the Play Store that let you change some Home Button behaviors but I'm not sure if those need root for them to work or not.
    07-20-2016 03:03 PM
    1: Not sticking, no.
    2: Maybe it will be fixed with tne next update or something(?). I'll have to look more into this one, unless someone else here has any ideas.
    4: Silly stuff. What's going on in the developers heads, I have no idea.

Almost feels like I bought a brand new computer here, and the first thing I gotta do is to format the sh*t out of it and install the OS all over again. Sooo much clutter, and stupid solutions to simple problems.. bah
    07-20-2016 03:12 PM
    Try clearing cache/data on the Play Store and see if that helps it stick. If it doesn't, Uninstall Updates from the Play Store, reboot, and it'll auto-update again. Once that's done, see if the option sticks this time.
    07-20-2016 10:38 PM