Hey all!

To simply put it, I originally encrypted my Micro SD card that I use on my HTC phone to save space, hold pictures, and etc. However, recently, I had to decrypt my Micro SD card, and now I have a major problem. All the pictures I had stored on my Micro SD now show up with a blank screen and an error message that says something like: "ERROR: couldn't load content". Yet, all the apps that I store on my Micro SD card work normally and without a hitch. Naturally, I was curious if there was a way to recover all my photos and see them again. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!
    07-27-2016 03:57 PM
    Have you tried reading the pictures on a computer or a different device? Decrypting an SD card shouldn't delete the files, but maybe the card failed during decryption...
    07-27-2016 04:07 PM
    Have you tried reading the pictures on a computer or a different device? Decrypting an SD card shouldn't delete the files, but maybe the card failed during decryption...
    Yes I downloaded the Android File Transfer app from the Android website. When I attempted to open/view the files of question once I transferred them to my computer, and error came up that read: "it may be damaged or use a file format that Preview does not support". With this, I tried the various other programs and nothing worked.
    07-27-2016 08:31 PM
    Deleted photos, yes. Encrypted photos, no. If PhotoRec or ZAR can't recover them, they're gone. (ZAR even bypasses the CPU in the SD card, so it doesn't matter if the card is accessible or not.) and they can only recover data that looks like photos. "Data" that looks like random data (which is what an encrypted file looks like) isn't "recoverable" with file recovery techniques.

The encryption algorithm used in Android, due to the limited processing power, isn't unbreakable. But it's going to take more than an i7 with 16GB of RAM to do it.

This is the reason that ALL important files should be backed up to at least 2 independent devices. If you don't have the time to do the backup, the files weren't that important.
    That's one opinion I've seen many and still am attempting the seemingly impossible. Heres another option thats a little promising.

Visit Data Recovery Software & File Repair Tool for Windows, Mac

And read under where it says:
    Encrypted Android SD card recovery software:
    08-16-2016 10:51 PM
    Hey all!

To simply put it, I originally encrypted my Micro SD card that I use on my HTC phone to save space, hold pictures, and etc. However, recently, I had to decrypt my Micro SD card, and now I have a major problem. All the pictures I had stored on my Micro SD now show up with a blank screen and an error message that says something like: "ERROR: couldn't load content". Yet, all the apps that I store on my Micro SD card work normally and without a hitch. Naturally, I was curious if there was a way to recover all my photos and see them again. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have the same problem. did you manage to restore the images?
    07-24-2020 08:45 PM