Driving me crazy. Only happens when ear buds plugged into phone. Like someone else mentioned, the icon at top showing earphones flashes the microphone part and then command comes on and interrupts music. I have disabled Voice Command, TalkBack, Music, LGVoiceCommand Speech and Google Play Music. I use Jet Audio because phone won't play my WMA/WAV files from computer. LG has been no help. PCS Metro no help. Various young tech savvy persons no help. One LG rep from the Philippines suggested it is a sensor problem. How can one contact Google to disable right app on phone? Any suggestions appreciated. HHEEEELLLLLLPP!
    07-29-2016 03:52 PM
    Sounds like your earphones are sending out the voice command instruction. Does it come with an in-line volume/playback control? Have you tried with different headphones? Not sure which app is prompting it (if it's Google Search then you can disable that app) or LG's or even the keyboard's voice recognition function.
    07-29-2016 04:35 PM
    SpookDroid: Thanks for your reply. There is no inline volume on earbuds. But I am now noticing that it happens when the earbud plug is rotated in the input hole of phone while listening to music. Another set of ear buds without the 90 degree angle on the plug makes it less likely that it will happen. It happens when plugged into car stereo and I pick up phone to change song, or, when phone is in pocket and I am walking around in the gym - the input plug is apparently moving thus triggering the voice thing. I have a Bluetooth device on the way but I am certain there will be times I need to plug in somewhere. I continue to be perplexed why voice recognition triggers simply by rotating the jack in the input hole. I would still like to disable this thing. It irks me that I cannot do so as if I am a slave to whatever the device brings. I am semi-retired and cannot afford a new phone. As an older guy I am new to tech stuff and it irks me that I am seemingly obligated to not only have the phone but to answer it no matter what. I know, shut up already old guy. I cannot find Google Search in the apps on the phone. Is it hidden under some other app? Again, thanks and any further input is appreciated. Hopefully this thread will help others who seem to have the same problem.
    07-30-2016 01:30 PM
    Maybe the AUX/headphone cable you're using is damaged and that could be introducing the stray signal that's causing the controls to be prompted. Unfortunately nope, there's no way to disable inline controls on any phone that I know of (be it Android or iPhone). They all have a headphone jack standard so that accessory makers can implement stuff like that (and why other things work with the headphone jack, like credit card readers).

The Google Search app should appear in your app drawer as Google or Search, but you should also be able to find it in the Application Manager as Google App. If it's not there, it may be that it is not installed. Then we'd have to figure out which app is being prompted for voice commands (if it's a Samsung phone, try looking into S-Voice and disabling that).
    08-01-2016 12:01 PM
    SpookDroid: I can''t thank you enough for your responses. It is an LG K7. I'm now using an MPOW Streambot Mini Bluetooth Receiver and music streams uninterrupted both through ear buds or the car stereo. I had to adjust the graphic equalizer in the phone because I was getting some distortion on some hard rock numbers (old guy likes it loud), more noticeable through the car stereo than the earbuds. After some tinkering, it sounds pretty good. At this point, I am okay. I hope I/we have helped others with this solution as I saw other threads trying to figure out a similar problem. I got the ides of using Bluetooth from one of the discussions.Thanks again.
    08-06-2016 08:34 PM