mobile network help

kemiller94

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an lg ally and travel to canada almost daily. is there an app or way to turn off the mobile network for all my data useage and still have phone capabilites at the same time. They charged me 585 dollars for one month of data when I never used it in canada and all they said was the phone draws data all the time even with out using it. Any help or ideas thank you

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off the mobile network completely in the settings. Where specifically depends on your phone. Calls and text will still come through, but no data will connect. CM7, for example, has a setting to turn off mobile data while internationally roaming, but I know my stock Sense ROM did not, it was either data on or off.

kufta4

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a droid incredible and was able to put an app on there where I can turn my mobile network on and off by just tapping it.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
They charged me 585 dollars for one month of data when I never used it in canada and all they said was the phone draws data all the time even with out using it.
It does. You don't have to initiate all data usage for it to count. Any background sync, polling/pushing of email, etc counts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2