HELP how do you hook up droid to laptop

elkslare

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I went to verizon and they down loaded a app to my droid (very first droid the original so it does not have wireless) they told me I had to come to this site to down load a app to my lap top and hook up cord droid to the laptop???? Cant find what to down load. :confused:Side note: I am not very tech savy

Thanks in advave for any help

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I'm understanding you right you just want to be able to connect your phone to your laptop. What do you need to access the sdcard?

You shouldn't need any app just try connecting your phone to your laptop and select disk drive as your connection option (should pop up on phone when connected)

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Tethering perhaps

Do you want to use your Droid as a modem to connect your laptop to the Internet? If so you need a data cable, drivers on your laptop for your phone, and an app to connect. I use Easy Tether.

As stated above, if all you want to do is see and transfer files to your SD card then you don't need any software, just a driver and the data cable.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard.
What are your intentions?
It seems to me that the rep didn't want you to waste money paying for tethering and that you could use easy tether or pdanet.

elkslare

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My son and I are headed to Arizona on a road trip and I thought it would be nice to have Internet on my lap top.So once it was hooked up I would be able to use the internet on my laptop threw the phone. need to work on google earth ect.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to use PDA net from the market which is free to get your laptop online using your phone. After you download the app connect your phone to pc and follow the instructions from the app.