Android Device Manager - No Active Devices

maxb5000

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Before provide any steps for troublesshooting let me tell something: Google Support is the worst service ever !!!!!

1. I chated 3 hours with Google Support with the same boring steps and he couldn't fix my issue.
2. I called Google Support and tried for 30 minutes to explain what it is Android Device Manager. He even asked me for the address of the site !!!! WTF ??? Google Support doesn't know their products ?

So here is the problem: I have 1 phone (Motorola Moto G) and 1 tablet (Lenovo Tab 2) and if I wanna find one of them on Android Device Manager it says no active devices.

From Google Play on the web I can install apps remotly to my devices without a problem. And also the location history doesn't work for both devices. I have all the options enabled the location services, GPS, location history is on enabled, android device manager is also enabled from settings. I tried to factory reset both devices nothing, delete cache nothing, disable and enable google play services nothing.

Can somebody please help me ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say that ADM is enabled in the settings, are you talking about the Settings>Security>Device Administrators​ menu?

Aparna bootla

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Before provide any steps for troublesshooting let me tell something: Google Support is the worst service ever !!!!!

1. I chated 3 hours with Google Support with the same boring steps and he couldn't fix my issue.
2. I called Google Support and tried for 30 minutes to explain what it is Android Device Manager. He even asked me for the address of the site !!!! WTF ??? Google Support doesn't know their products ?

So here is the problem: I have 1 phone (Motorola Moto G) and 1 tablet (Lenovo Tab 2) and if I wanna find one of them on Android Device Manager it says no active devices.

From Google Play on the web I can install apps remotly to my devices without a problem. And also the location history doesn't work for both devices. I have all the options enabled the location services, GPS, location history is on enabled, android device manager is also enabled from settings. I tried to factory reset both devices nothing, delete cache nothing, disable and enable google play services nothing.

Can somebody please help me ?

Same here

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to a 3 year old thread -- can you give more details about your issue, or is it exactly the same as the OP's, right down to the devices and the problem? Did you see my response?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty