Manual Contact Sync Question

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android, I just got my HTC Inspire a few days ago, and so far I love it, much better than iPhone.

I like that I can sync my contacts via Facebook App and HTC Sense for Facebook, what I don't like is that it also brings over people that I don't have in my contacts to begin with, that I don't want in there. I looked a couple of different places, and have seen different solutions. One, was to just manually sync who I want in there, problem is, that is not working.

My questions is basically, either A, how can I do a mass syncing that will sync ONLY my Facebook friends that I also have in my phone book, or B, if not that, how can I just manually sync in who I want?

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Go into your Phone app and press Menu. Choose the View option. Here is what i have checked:

Only contacts with phone number
Google (not Show auto Gmail contacts)
Exchange ActiveSync
Phone (though that one is empty)

I unchecked Facebook for HTC Sense.

With those options checked, I only get the people who are in my address books on Google and company. I am still able to link my contacts to their Facebook profiles.

Hope that helps. If so, click thanks.

Reactions: BaldwiJ7

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That did help somewhat, as it cut down at least on some of the contacts that were showing up. My main issue though is that for example I have John Smith as a facebook friend, but I don't have John Smith in my contacts, and I don't want him there. Though when I sync he pops up. I know HTC Sense for Facebook does not give the option of only to sync people I have in contacts, but the Facebook app does, though it does not work. If I were to only use the Facebook app, and choose the option of sync only those in my contacts, it will still sync everyone. I don't think there is a way around this, so I was just going to manually sync the people I want to, and I can't seem to be able to do that either....anyone?

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. For whatever reason I could not link numbers located on my "phone" to Facebook. What I did is back up my contacts and upload them to my gmail, then delete my "phone" contacts. I was then able to individually link the contact to their Facebook, and as long as I had Facebook for HTC Sense unchecked under view, I would only see the contacts I want to.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
A good idea anyway as Phone contacts won't sync to anything. With Google contacts you effectively have a backup in your Google account.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. For whatever reason I could not link numbers located on my "phone" to Facebook. What I did is back up my contacts and upload them to my gmail, then delete my "phone" contacts. I was then able to individually link the contact to their Facebook, and as long as I had Facebook for HTC Sense unchecked under view, I would only see the contacts I want to.

Sorry. I just assumed that your contacts were in Google. That is the better way. That way when you get a new phone, your contacts will still be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2