Lg volt on boost won't access email and running very slow or freezing up

nelgtx

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I've done several factory resets. Uninstalled almost all bloat ware. Cleared all my cache on all apps.

Found link here that recommended, "to go Google Play, search for Webview and you'll see the update.....uninstall it". When I go to Webview in Google Play it says "Your device isn't compatible with this verison" (Android System Webview).

I like this phone and haven't even had it 1.5 years yet. I would like to keep it a little longer as I like to try to get at least two years out of my phone before upgrading.

Perhaps I need do download a different version of Webview what IS compatible with my device?

I don't think this phone dated to the point that it should be having so many problems, is it?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

nelgtx

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Android 4.4.2

Yes, problem continues even when in safe mode. In safe mode I have to go to "Apps", as short cut icon for "Email" isn't where it usually is. Screen then goes black and phone locks up. Eventually unlocks and goes back to first screen.

Also, while in Safe Mode phone is still very slow.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you disabled any system apps? If so, try re-enabling them--especially Exchange Services.

Otherwise, I'd suspect that the firmware has become corrupt. This would require the firmware to be reinstalled, but I'm not sure how easy it is for that phone. You could try LG Bridge or LG PC Suite.

nelgtx

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Didn't disable any system apps. Just bloatware that I'll never use (NBA app, Google+, Google Hangouts, etc)

I also randomly get error messages like "Unfortunately, Home has stopped", "Unfortunately, Email has stopped", "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped", etc,etc.

I'll check out the LG Bridge or LG PC Suite you mentioned to see how difficult it is to reinstall the firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad