Reboot Question

JC4131a

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing my first Android. While I am pretty sure I want Android instead of iOS, I want a very reliable phone. How often do Android phones randomly reboot and crash?
Are certain brands typically worse at this than others?
Which brands are known for not having this issue?
For anyone with an iPhone or who had one, did the iPhone crash, how often, how would you compare reliability?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing my first Android. While I am pretty sure I want Android instead of iOS, I want a very reliable phone. How often do Android phones randomly reboot and crash?
Are certain brands typically worse at this than others?
Which brands are known for not having this issue?
For anyone with an iPhone or who had one, did the iPhone crash, how often, how would you compare reliability?

That's a rather "loaded" question. But, I'll be the nice guy and reply.

When a company sells millions of phones, regardless of manufacturer, you will get the occasional "lemon". It happens. If it does often, return the phone for replacement.

Considering there are more Android owners, than iPhone owners, you really can't compare this unless you do some math. I've had my HTC Desire (unbranded) and it has never crashed once, nor has it re-booted. Also, if you by chance install a bad app, it can cause some strange behavior in the phone.

People buy Androids for freedom. Freedom to play, modify, and tinker away with it. With iPhone, you are imprisoned to Apple corporation. People buy iPhones, because they think it's cool to have one.

To be honest, I've had 2 previous Nokia smartphones, and had lock-ups on a frequent basis, which is why I went to HTC.

Personally, I would go with Android for your choice. And probably one of the newer Desire models. That series has been around for a couple of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton