I keep getting this message on my Samsung Galaxy J7. I've looked online and the only solution I see is to change the charging port is that the only way to fix it? also what caused this to happen?
    09-11-2016 11:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any water exposure recently? This kind of thing seems to crop up from water damage.

Have you already made sure the microUSB port is clear of debris? And have you tried a different charging cable/wall plug?
    09-12-2016 03:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any water exposure recently? This kind of thing seems to crop up from water damage.

Have you already made sure the microUSB port is clear of debris? And have you tried a different charging cable/wall plug?
    Have you actually seen reports linking water damage to a faulty temp reading? Not saying you're wrong, just not something I've seen. I would have thought it is more likely related to a temp sensor going bad, so I'd suggest using a monitoring app like Gsam to see what temps are actually being recorded.

And yes, you can damage a Li-ion battery by trying to charge it while it's too cold/frozen. So the warning itself has a purpose, even if it's a false alarm in this case.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-12-2016 07:35 AM
    It could be water, I have it with me playing music while I shower
    09-12-2016 10:38 AM
    Have you actually seen reports linking water damage to a faulty temp reading? Not saying you're wrong, just not something I've seen. I would have thought it is more likely related to a temp sensor going bad, so I'd suggest using a monitoring app like Gsam to see what temps are actually being recorded.
    No technical reports--just an association I've noticed on the forums. Maybe the temp sensor is easily damaged by moisture?
    09-12-2016 02:18 PM
    No technical reports--just an association I've noticed on the forums. Maybe the temp sensor is easily damaged by moisture?
    The moisture damaged temp sensor could make sense.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:35 PM