Ok, I see a lot of posts on "What is the best way to syn itunes to my android phone" or "How do i get my itunes music onto my phone"

There are a number of apps like double twist that allow this, but there is a little known fact about itunes that makes this unnecessary:

You can copy/paste directly from itunes!

Yes my friends, it is possible.
    1. Connect your phone to your pc via usb
    2. Mount your sd card.
    3. Open windows explorer and navigate to your sd card
    4. Open your music folder on you sd card
    5. Open itunes
    6. Go to your itunes library
    7. Select the songs you wish to add to your phone. Use the hold down shift or ctrl button for multiple selections.
    8. After making your selections, right click on the selected items.
    9. Select copy
    10. Navigate back to your music folder on your sd card
    11. Right click in your music folder and paste.

Your itunes music is now on your sd card ready to be listened to on you phone by your media player of choice!

A few things to note:
    1. I setup folders for each album on my sd card. This keeps my music organized.
    2. You cannot play DRM protected music on your droid. The legal way to get around this is to purchase the upgrade to itunes plus for each of your old albums or on a song by song basis. If you don't wish to do this, than google is your friend in regard to other options.
    3. To see if your music is DRM protected, right click on the song in itunes, select 'display in windows explorer' to see the actual file. The right click on the file and select properties. This will then display the file type, protected or not.

As far as media players you can use with your newly liberated music, there are a number of ones to choose from. Power Amp tends to be a favorite of many, as in Win-Amp. Each has its own pros and cons.

Now that you know how to liberate your music from Apple's walled Garden, jam away!
    BSG75 likes this.
    03-27-2011 06:19 PM
    Deleted
    03-27-2011 06:19 PM
    See above
    03-27-2011 06:20 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know you could do that, actually. I think a lot of people like to copy of playlists, though, which is why drag & drop doesn't work for them.
    03-27-2011 09:19 PM
    Of course you can drag and drop. However, that's not relevant to anyone asking about sync. Sync != drag & drop.
    03-28-2011 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD