I'm looking at getting a G-Slate from T-Mobile but only using it on WiFi, would doing this (not having service through the carrier) prevent me from getting any system updates? I believe the answer is no, but wanted to cornfirm.
    Thanks for the help!
    03-27-2011 08:57 PM
    T-Mobile has only said that you can get the g-slate on contract meaning you may not be able to buy it outright. If you can't, might as well go and get you a wifi only xoom or wait for the new 8.9 and 10.1 Samsung galaxy tabs. I have a Verizon tablet that I paid outright and just use it as a wifi tablet. I bought the 3g version because if I need it when I travel, I could just activate it and pay for that month of service. Verizon allows you to do so, T-Mobile hasn't said anything about doing it that way.

Sent from my Xoom
    03-28-2011 12:25 AM
    I'm actually a T-Mo employee and would be buying it with my employee discount. So getting it off contract won't be a problem. I was thinking of getting a WiFi Xoom (it would be about the same price for me as a GSlate) if the GSlate wouldn't be getting updates if I don't have a carrier plan. I would rather do the GSlate so I could show customers and it's lighter. But if it wouldn't get updated than none of that matters.
    Thanks again!
    03-29-2011 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD