I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and would like to play music from my phone through my car's audio system. I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero which has the factory fitted audio system and in order to be able to play music I have to do so via AUX cable.

I currently use an old iPhone 4 where I have an AUX cable where I have one end that has the 3.5mm jack which plugs into the AUX socket and the other end is the wide connector at the bottom of my iPhone (the same connector that is used to charge the iPhone). I get crystal clear sound from this but I don't want to have two devices for my audio needs.

Is it possible to have a AUX cable with one end that has the 3.5mm jack and the other end with a micro USB Male and play the audio from my Galaxy S7 Edge? And how do I get this to work if so? I have a cable where one end is a micro USB Male and the other end is the 3.5mm jack but the audio does not play from the car but comes through the phone. Is there some sort of setting on the phone that I have missed?

The reason for asking this is because I have tried to use an AUX cable which has the 3.5mm jack at both ends and the sound is just terrible.

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.
    09-19-2016 07:40 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and would like to play music from my phone through my car's audio system. I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero which has the factory fitted audio system and in order to be able to play music I have to do so via AUX cable.

I currently use an old iPhone 4 where I have an AUX cable where I have one end that has the 3.5mm jack which plugs into the AUX socket and the other end is the wide connector at the bottom of my iPhone (the same connector that is used to charge the iPhone). I get crystal clear sound from this but I don't want to have two devices for my audio needs.

Is it possible to have a AUX cable with one end that has the 3.5mm jack and the other end with a micro USB Male and play the audio from my Galaxy S7 Edge? And how do I get this to work if so? I have a cable where one end is a micro USB Male and the other end is the 3.5mm jack but the audio does not play from the car but comes through the phone. Is there some sort of setting on the phone that I have missed?

The reason for asking this is because I have tried to use an AUX cable which has the 3.5mm jack at both ends and the sound is just terrible.

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.
    You can try a Bluetooth receiver such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5429205

If you want to stay wired, try an auxiliary cable such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/iXCC-Tangle-F...cUvbUpU5429205

Let us know if any of this helps, or if you have further questions. By the way, Welcome to Android Central!
    09-19-2016 09:08 AM