Alcatel idol 3 sim card problem

Aleksa Spasic

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello,I am new here so please dont be pissed of if I miss something or post this in wrong section!I have Alcatel idol 3(5.5) over a year,and lately my phone died off (completely,I Could turn turn it on,but it would filcker only blue light) so I tryed with warranty to see if it covers this issue.Luckly,my carriers warranty covered that and almost EVERYTHING in my phone's hardware was replaced.I got it back after 2 weeks and phone worked perfectly except one thing ; iss with sim card.Phone detects sim card,reads it but for some reason doesn't get signal from carrier.I tryed multiple things:turning airplane mode on/off,manually/automatically setting carrier,re-entered APN settings,power cycled phone,replaced sim card(tho my phone is dual-sim,tryed in both slots).None of that worked,except that when I power cycle phone I get signal,normaly,and then after I use phone for 5-10 minutes it drops off to no service.I don't know if this is ocsacional but a couple of times it happened when I turned screen off.The only thing I didn't try is Factory resetting I,because I tough it was unneeded because it was straight with be android installed.Any solutions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you discussed this with your carrier? You might need a new SIM card. Which carrier do you have?

Aleksa Spasic

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes,I have discussed with them about one of my sim cards,but still I didn't get replacement.I'll get a new one this days to see if that will help.I am from Serbia,local provider,idk if you know about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The other reason to know the carrier is to make sure your APN settings are correct. Do a Google search for "[your carrier] APN settings," then on the phone, go to Settings>Cellular Networks>Access Point Names​, select the APN to edit, and make sure the settings are correct.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49