My galaxy s6 active has a broken lcd screen, the pixels stareted to die from one corner, and now the whole phone screen is dead.
    I read that i can not use mhl to hmdi to view my phone on my tv screen.

I wanted to know if that is correct even with the active version?

Also i wanted to know if the galaxy s6 replacement screen would fit inside the galaxy s6 active?

Is there any alternatives for me so that i can view my phone on my tv screen without buying a replacement screen?

Thanks
    09-21-2016 12:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Interestingly, this GSMArena review does say that the Active is MHL compatible: Samsung Galaxy S6 Active review: The triathlete - page 3 - GSMArena.com But other articles say that the entire S6 line isn't compatible: http://blog.clove.co.uk/2014/02/05/m...g-galaxy-need/

This comparison specifically notes that the S6 Active doesn't have MHL while the S5 Active does: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/9310,8665.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find any other info.

Another article saying it does have MHL: http://allsmartphonesworld.blogspot....ve-review.html.

Obviously, none of this is conclusive, since none of the sources are Samsung themselves. Hopefully someone here can tell us their direct experience!
    09-21-2016 01:22 AM
    Thanks for looking into that B. Diddy

I found a cheap 5in1 Micro USB MHL to HDMI HDTV Adapter + USB OTG SD Card Reader for about $10 us dollars, I figure ill buy it and give it a try. Looks like something that might come useful for some phones. and isnt too expensive.

I seen some programs that i would be able to use but would have to have debug mode enabled witch i dont.

It would be nice if i can tell exactly where the settings button was and exactly where i have to press blindly to get it enabled but that would be a bit hard.

Id still love it if you could find out more information, But im not counting on anything definitive.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
    09-21-2016 07:37 PM
    Unfortunately, that's the best I can find so far. Saw a couple more sites that say it supports MHL, but still hard to be sure, since I can't find anyone attesting to it on a forum, or anything official from Samsung.
    09-21-2016 10:43 PM
    So did you try the micro usb MHL to HDMI cord with your galaxy S6 Active? Did it work?? ...I'm having the hardest time trying to find a cord compatible with my phone.... I just wanna watch my Netflix on a decent sized screen for as cheap as possible!! Please inform me of your results!!
    08-13-2017 04:55 AM